Below you can find the available mobile Apps to write NFC Tags.
If you want to encode NFC Tags with a computer, instead, you will need one NFC reader / writer. See description of each NFC writer for information about drivers and softwares.
If you need an "all inclusive" solution for programming Tags, we have a kit for NFC encoding for Windows, that includes both software and hardware (and NFC samples too).
If you don't want to write NFC Tags, we offer the Encoding service: we write the NFC Tags the way you want.
NFC Apps to read and write NFC Tags
Choose your mobile OS:
NFC Android Apps
If you are interested in NFC Tag , you most likely have an Android SmartPhone or tablet. In this case, we recommend the App developped by Shop NFC:
- Easy NFC Writer, very simple to use, totally free, it allows you to write an URL, simple text, or a V-Card contact on your NFC Tags, which will be readable by all NFC devices, with every Operating System. It can also provide information about an NFC Tag's Chip (type of Chip, UID).
Alternatively, there are also the following apps, also free:
- Trigger (formerly known as NFC Task Launcher) is perfect for private use of NFC Tags.
- NFC Bulk Writer, available on Google Play for € 1.19
NFC iOS Apps (iPhone and iPad)
To encode NFC Tags with an Apple device, don't forget that you need an external NFC reader/writer. We recommend Bluetooth NFC Readers/Writers such as ACS ACR1255U-J1 and Durascan D600. In the respective pages, you can find information on their softwares.
About reading NFC tags with an iPhone, you can find the following applications on iTunes:
- NFC TagInfo by NXP, free, compatible with iOS 11, is the official app of the IC manufacturer.
- NFC Ideas, free, compatible with iOS 8.1 and later. In order to use the iPhone NFC sensor, you need iOS 11 or later.
Please note that the iPhone is compatible with all NTAG®, MIFARE® and ICODE® chips. The iPhone also can't detect empty tags, but just those containing an NDEF message. For more information, please visit NFC and iPhone.
NFC Windows Phone Apps
On Microsoft Store, you can find the following Apps, all compatible with Windows Phone 8 / 8.1, and Windows 10 Mobile:
- NFC Commander, free, allows you to read and write NFC Tags, and to auotomate some actions on your Phone.
- NFC Launchit, free, allows you to launch apps installed on your Smartphone
- NFC Tag Creator, allows you to read and write NFC Tags, and to launch apps installed on your Smartphone, non-free (€ 0.99)
- NFC TagWriter Pro, allows you to read and write NFC Tags, non-free (€ 2.49)
- NFC Interactor, non-free (€ 1.99)
NFC BlackBerry Apps
For BlackBerry, we recommend the app below, which is compatible with BlackBerry Z10, Z30, Porsche Design P9982, Passport and Passport Silver Edition. It's completely free.
For those Nokia phones which don't run Windows, unfortunately there is not much choice. It seems the only available app is the aforementioned NFC Interactor, which is not free. According to Steve Litchfield, it would be compatible with different models Symbian, including C7 and N9.
NFC Samsung Apps
In the Samsung App Store, there is an Application that is simply called "Tags" which is preinstalled in some models.