Smart Beacon Bluetooth Low Energy
Beacon with Bluetooth Low Energy technology (BLE), powered by replaceable battery, compatible with iBeacon and Eddystone.
BLE Beacon of small size, powered by a button battery, easily replaceable.
The Beacon can be used as Eddystone or iBeacon.
Eddystone is an open-source protocol (created by Google) that allows you to send 3 types of transmission: UID, URL and TML. The most widely used is the Eddystone-URL format (backbone of the Physical Web project), which allows you to directly transmit a URL. For use as a user, then, is not necessary a specific app, but simply the generic Physical Web app or an updated version of Google Chrome.
- all parameters (mandatory and optional) provided by Eddystone-formed URL, namespace and instance ID for Eddystone-UID
- advertising interval: 0.1 to 5 sec (with steps of 0.1 sec). Default: 1 sec
- TX Power: lowest (20dBm), low (-12dBm), medium (-4dBm), high (4dBm). Default: Low
The iBeacon Protocol makes the Beacon configured to transmit its UUID (Universal Unique ID) and other data (major and minor), which are interpreted by a specific app to perform certain actions (such as displaying a notification to users). To use the iBeacon as a user, then, you must have an application that implements this function.
- UUID, major, minor, advertising interval, TX power, connectable/non-connectable, on/off, password
- advertising interval: 0.1 to 1 sec (with steps of 0.1 sec). Default: 0.4 sec
- TX Power: -40dBm, -30dBm, from -20dBm to 4 dBm (in steps of 4 dB). Default: -8dBm
Technical characteristics of the Beacon
Compatibility with mobile devices
The Beacon is compatible with all mobile operating systems that support Bluetooth Low Energy v4.0 or higher. In particular:
- iOS (7.0 and later, for IBeacon support CoreLocation)
- Android (4.3 and later)
- Windows Phone (8 and later)
- Blackberry 10.
- Version: 4.0 Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy)
- Frequency: 2.402 to 2.480 GHz
- Module: Nordic SoC nRF51822 (MCU and transceiver radio)
- Antenna: PCB, Type F-meandered planar antenna
- Replaceable: Yes
- Model: CR2450 (typical 600 mAh capacity at 25°C)
- Operational life expected: from 4 months to 2.5 years, 24.7 at room temperature (dependent on advertising range, power and connectability TX)
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C to + 50 ° C
- Material: ABS
- White color
- Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 15 mm
- Protection: IP40
- CE (EU)
3 other products in the same category:
PVC Round Stickers with 125 kHz RFID Chip read only TK4100 (Compatible EM4102 / EM4200). Each Tag has an unique Serial number.
Smartrac Web DF combines RFID HF (NFC) and UHF technology in one single inlay. You can read it both with a NFC-enabled smartphone and a UHF reader. For more information, please CONTACT US
Customers who bought this product also bought:
The most resistant NFC Tag, for industrial use. IP68 certified, resistant up to 230°C. Totally waterproof and dustproof. Equipped with anti-metal layer.
Clear NFC Tags with NXP NTAG213 chip. Better perfomances. Universal compatibility. Memory of 144 bytes. Waterproof. Password-protectable.
Adhesive ferrite is useful for NFC Tags that need to be applied on metal surfaces. Available in different formats.
NFC keyfobs with NTAG213 Chip embedded. NFC epoxy Tags, printed with NFC logo, available in various colours. Universal Compatible and Waterproof.
Premium Kit of 20 NFC Tags with different chip and shape, at a special price.
Clear NFC Tags with NTAG216 chip. Faster, wider reading range, larger memory. Compatible with every NFC device, NTAG216 Tags have 888 bytes of capacity.
Adhesive NFC Tags with nTag21x chip, compatible with all devices, round, printed with NFC logo. They can be applied on metal surfaces.
With its functional solid mechanical design that has no removable parts that you may loose, SCL3711 is perfect for mobile uses. While being slim, SCL3711 dimensions have been optimized to ensure best RF performance possible with such a form factor.